Thursday, January 20, 2011

Fallout: New Vegas

Yes people.... it is time for a game review! :D
Now, I got this game on Christmas and not 2 weeks later, does my Xbox commit suicide... :'( lets have a moment of silence for the passing of a spectacular console..... NOW! I got a different Xbox, sure it's not like my old one, which I miss dearly, it's still a console and thus works my games. Though I noticed that New Vegas was far more jumpy than it was before, i let it slide, granted, this Xbox is supposed to be considered new, so I can't run it like the one I had for 3-4 years, so I had to be careful. Well.... after 2 days of about ten hour playing, I beat the game... *blinks* Now, this game was as short as Fallout 3, but in many ways I enjoyed it more. I felt like I was ACTUALLY treated like a woman in that game, which is something Fallout 3 can't say. Now to talk about something that is very important to me in a game, storyline and immersion. Sure New Vegas was a lot like Fallout 3, buuuut I'm not complaining, #3 was pretty damn awesome. But something New Vegas did that #3 didn't, was the immersion level. The storyline was thick with so many twists and turns and decisions that the player can make, that made this game into my own. I have watched someone do a lets play on this game, and needless to say, I had a very different storyline than him. And that's what amazing about this, you can play to your strengths in this game, like I'm really good with melee combat, but I was able to get a companion who was an AMAZING shot (this only made the game so much more fun and scary whenever the game would suddenly slow because my companion had performed a critical kill on a beastie.)
When I finished the game, I felt like I had made so many wrong choices, my amazing Companion left me because I was fighting against his old regime, which SUCKS, because there's nothing I could do to make it work with him :( So now, well, not right now, but probably tomorrow or this weekend, I'll start playing again and see what I can do about making sure I can keep him, because we had honestly been through thick and thin together, buuuut, that didn't stop him from leaving me to DIE at the hands of the Legion, nope nope nope. Love you too Boone, love you too :(. But my cyberpuppy, Rex, was with me until the end :D Which I got him from The King. but all in all, this game is fantastic, if you loved Fallout 3, you'll love this installment, I honestly can't wait to see what happens next :D Thank You Bethseda and Obsidian for such amazing games :D I also can't wait for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim! :D :D :D :D :D arrrrg!!! Yeh Bethseda!!!!! :D
Now for the things I didn't like as much... It might be because I'm a girl and was spoiled by Dragon Age: Origins, buuuut I'd like to see some romance options Obsidian! I mean suuure, I can have sex with people (and managed to kill the guy who wanted to kill me at the beginning of the game, which I might say was pretty awesome of me for killing him AFTER intercourse.) but, I want a freaking relationship, I wanted freaking Boone soooo bad, after he joined my cause I kept going to conversation mode, buuut of course! nothing! :( Also, I wish that when making SMALL choices, it didn't affect so much, like dropping me one whole slot for some group, which really bit me in the ass at the end of the game. And as for getting INTO New Vegas *eyes roll* arg that was a ridiculous task! I don't think I've fast traveled THAT much in a game before, absolutely ridiculous I say! Why couldn't I just charm the shit out of the securitrons? I had a TEN charisma and my speech was at 85, yeesh! And the perks, there were so many to choose from, but I didn't choose many... I kept using intense training, because for me in the long run, it worked the best... and Black Widow of course ;)
But honestly, this game was amazing and addicting! :D absolutely a high chance of replay later on. Perhaps after I play through Fable 3 again or Fallout 3. Keep gaming people! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment