Sunday, July 17, 2011

Dragon Age: Origins

Now! It's been months! I know... But hey, when you can't play new games a lot, can't really review, right? well, anyway! Now, this isn't a new game, I finished this one a year ago, just never got around to reviewing because I was too busy replaying it. Let me just say this, I LOVE this game, epicostiy barely describes the awesomeness that is Dragon Age: Origins.
I'll go in depth on, characters, plot, graphics and overall how it fit together.
Characters: Never before this game, have I EVER been so attached to characters. Alistair, Sten, Wynne, Morrigan, Oghren, Zevran, and Leliana. They are the people who join you on your quest. I fell head over heels in love with every single one of them, each is very distinct in their ways and if you fuck up, they won't hesitate to tell you so. Truth be told, there is one of them that will forever stay with me and has even shaped the way I look at life (scary that a game character could change you, right?) and that's Alistair Theirin. Son of King Maric and half brother to King Cailan. I love him. End of story. You can tell Bioware put a lot of work into their characterization, and these are NPCs! Every character was different, and I'm not just talking those in your party, but everyone you met along the way. They put an astounding amount of effort into making these people believable. I still half expect to bump into Alistair one day on the street. For characters, they get 10/10.
Plot: Now. This is important to me. As I am a writer, so if there's no storyline, I can't follow it. But Dragon Age: Origins had a HELL of a story line. I was wrapped up in it for hours on end! I couldn't make myself stop playing. You had so much to do, so many people to save. The different beginnings all wrapped into the main story line beautifully, even though every single one was DEPRESSING... :( there have been tears shed for this game, make no mistake of that. The plot was intriguing and gripping through all forty hours of the game. for plot, they get 9/10 for minor repetitiveness.
Graphics: This, is the section that wasn't that fantastic.Though Bioware kept the graphics the same throughout, they weren't fantastic, which is fine, but who doesn't want to see Alistair in all his beautiful glory? The graphics weren't bad, but they weren't great, some of the things were a little choppy and rough, as if you could tell developers were rushing a little. Overall, the graphics get 7/10.
Overall: After I finished this game a year ago, I vowed that no game could ever trump it. It was spectacular in almost every single way and I enjoyed it from the very beginning all the way to the end of the credits when This Is War by 30 Seconds to Mars ended. For an overall score, I give it 10/10. I was very much impressed by Bioware and will always look forward to playing more of their games. I'm just glad my friend told me to play it, one of the most worthwhile investments I've ever made. Dragon Age: Origins is a must have for any RPG gamer!

No comments:

Post a Comment